A second photo has been sent through thanks to Pete Davis, again Tinsmiths, around 1970. Continue reading “Pete Davis – Tinsmith Welders 17 Shop Pt2”
17 Shop Tinsmith Welders presentation to Pete Davis by Mr Ball, the foreman to Pete Davis on his forthcoming wedding on October 25th 1969. Continue reading “Pete Davis – Tinsmith Welders 17 Shop”
Dated from the 1950’s this photograph shows the Water Test Area at Canley. Continue reading “Water Test Area”
We like to see exterior factory photographs – it helps with identifying certain areas and our understanding of the site itself. Photos are quite rare – colour ones really rare. Continue reading “Standard Triumph Exterior Photo 1959”
Banner Lane was the site of a wartime shadow factory in Coventry run by the Standard Motor Company and dedicated to making Bristol Hercules aero engines. The war-surplus plant was taken over by Standard in 1946 to make Ferguson tractors and it was made Standard’s registered office. After the 1959 sale of Standard’s part ownership of the tractor partnership to Massey Ferguson it became Massey Ferguson’s base for tractor-building operations until production ceased in 2002 and the site was redeveloped for housing.
Continue reading “Banner Lane – Massey Fergusson”