Ralph Jenkins (72), a finisher on No. 1 Line, New Assembly Hall, retired recently after 15 years’ service. Continue reading “Ralph Jenkins – Finisher”
Miss Maria Bloxham, shorthand typist in Supply section of Spares Division, Fletch. South, for three years, was married at All Souls’ Church, Coventry. Continue reading “Maria Bloxham – Supply Section”
From the archive of Leon Guyot, a good friend, here is a colour photograph taken at the Canley, Fletch South, works. Continue reading “Colour Canley – 1982”
Two more photos of Canley Halt – this time with the Canley, Fletch South works in the background. Continue reading “Canley Halt Pt2”
Canley Halt was opened for passengers on 30th September 1940, primarily to serve the nearby Standard Motor Company’s Works. The crossing had previously been known as Canley Gates from its inception when the London & Birmingham Railway first provided a gate keeper’s house in 1838 to man the gates. Continue reading “Canley Halt”
The Recreation Club Committee, 1949.
Continue reading “Recreation Club Committee”