Two more photos of Canley Halt – this time with the Canley, Fletch South works in the background. Continue reading “Canley Halt Pt2”
Canley Halt was opened for passengers on 30th September 1940, primarily to serve the nearby Standard Motor Company’s Works. The crossing had previously been known as Canley Gates from its inception when the London & Birmingham Railway first provided a gate keeper’s house in 1838 to man the gates. Continue reading “Canley Halt”
Seventy members of the de-partment attended the Annual Party held in Fletchamstead Dining Room on the 15th December. 1950. Continue reading “Spares and Service Dept 1950”
The Recreation Club Committee, 1949.
Continue reading “Recreation Club Committee”
Jack Gowland Storekeeper in Tool Control, Fletch South. Continue reading “Jack Gowland – Storekeeper”
Edna Durham, Sister-in-Charge of Surgeries at Standard-Triumph in Coventry. Miss Durham started work with the Company in 1946, as a nurse. She was promoted to Sister-in-Charge of Surgeries in 1959. She liked to keep up modern methods of treatment and install new equipment. Dedicated to her work, she undertook studies in industrial welfare. Continue reading “Sister Edna Durham”