On the 24th September, 1950, the 150,000th Ferguson Tractor to be made by The Standard Motor Co. Ltd. for Harry Ferguson Ltd., came off the assembly line at their Banner Lane Factory, Coventry.
Sir John Black personally drove the tractor to the despatch department. Among those present for the occasion were Mr A. Botwood of Harry Ferguson Ltd. (seen 2) and Mr E. G. Grinham (Technical Director)(seen 1), Mr H. S. Weale (Production Director) (4) of The Standard Motor Co. Ltd. The first six tractors to be made by The Standard Motor Co. Ltd. were delivered to Harry Ferguson Ltd. in August, 1946. The total sales in the United Kingdom since that time number 63,913 and 86,087 have been sent overseas.
Also on photo: 4. Sir John Black, 5. C. Wright