This 1914 20 H.P. Standard ran 20,000—miles as Mr R. W. Maudslay’s private car, after which it was adapted as a lorry for War work, being used throughout WW1 in this capacity.
Ever since, it has been in regular daily use at the Standard Works. The photograph (taken in 1931) shows the lorry bringing in an “ambulance” case at the Standard Work’s Repairs Department, Coventry.
(The numberplate looks like DU 679 – ED)
The Standard Motor Company Limited was founded in 1903 by Reginald Walter Maudslay. Read more here…