Canley Halt was opened for passengers on 30th September 1940, primarily to serve the nearby Standard Motor Company’s Works. The crossing had previously been known as Canley Gates from its inception when the London & Birmingham Railway first provided a gate keeper’s house in 1838 to man the gates.
More fantastic photos from the trim shop – and names…
Continue reading “Standard Triumph Ladies – Trim Shop. Mavis Langdon Pt3”
We have had a couple of names related to the ‘drawing office’ at Canley and backed up with this superb photo.
Continue reading “Drawing Office”
Tony Coleman has been a planning draughtsman apprentice at Coventry for the past three years. Continue reading “Tony Coleman”
One of the reasons setting up this site was to try a put names to some of the people that feature in some of the well-known photographs. This particular photo shows the very last Triumph Herald (a 13/60 convertible) coming off the line. The photo is dated 21st May 1971.
In the middle of the workshop there was a fibreglass making booth . It was a three sided booth with double skin walls with the benches at working height and extraction all round the rear of the benches to a roof height chimney.