This Website was Launched February 1, 2017.
Did you work at the Standard or Standard Triumph – at Canley, Radford, Banner Lane or any of the associated sites/companies associated with Triumph? If so we’d love to hear from you to build a database of names associated with the Standard and Triumph company. Read More HERE.
To add a name, click on the ‘Submit a Name’ link below.
Please use the format: Smith, John in the name field, then add a description; here you can include your role, location, service dates etc plus any other info you think may be of interest, finishing with your name (you may be submitting on behalf of a family member). Don’t worry how much – or little – you write in the description box – everything helps!
PLEASE NOTE: By using the ‘submit name’ element on the site we DO NOT get any record of you or your email and sometimes we’d love to get in touch with you, but we can’t! Please either drop your email details on the entry (don’t worry we won’t publish that) or a separate email to say hello. Thank you.
List of Names
Submit a name
We’d love you to get involved with this project. You can email us your info to email@example.com or post a name directly on the ‘submit name’ link.
January 2018 UPDATE:
After a great effort in both November and December, the archive has now over 1,800 name entries and with 250 articles on the site.Take a look at the Latest News posts to see the articles.
Thank you for all the submissions in the database. In addition some people have articles, info, memories and photos. We’ll show everything, that comes in, at some point soon, please bear with us. We still need more… Email your stories today!
Would you like to contribute regularly to the site? Let us know.
NB. Due to SPAM attacks registration to the site is currently suspended. Genuine people please get in touch via email. Thank you.
- Frank Lord - Frank Kershaw Lord.
- Nick Downes – Herald Trim - I started in 1968 when I left School.
- Wages Agreement – December 1948 - Following on from the earlier post of the Wages Agreement photograph, full details have now emerged from this agreement.
- Bob Wilson – Experimental Department - A new photograph taken at Bob Wilson’s retirement presentation.
- Peter Russell – Costs Department - My name is Peter Russell. I joined Standard Triumph straight from school in 1964 as a clerk in the Cost Office at Canley. In my time it was situated in the large open office immediately behind the Canley Reception suite and Directors Offices.
- Reg Arms – Stores - My dad worked at the Standard Triumph from the late 50’s to the early 90s. His name was Reg Arms. He worked in the Stores.
- Competition Department - Here’s a rather splendid photo Triumph competition boys taken in 1964 with the rally 2000’s.
- Bill Dewis – Gearbox Section - When John William Dewis, better known as Bill to his friends in the Gearbox Shop at Fetch, retired on June 15, 1960 after 36 years service, Mr. A. Swindle, Works Director, spoke of the ‘wonderful job’ he had done for the company.
- Gwen Cadman – Wages Department - Mrs Gwen Cadman, a computer operator in the Wages Department at Fletch North.
- Les Ball – Prefabrications Area - Popular Les Ball retired from our Company earlier this year, after 42 years’ service at Coventry.
If you feel inspired by this website, you can donate to it.
By donating to the site you will help with the maintenance, hosting and the upkeep. Thank you
Alternatively, take a look at our Triumph Herald Book, documenting the launch of one of Triumph’s most popular cars. Sales from this book are supporting this site.